Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The "Nature" of Photography

I love to take photos.

Anytime I leave my house on an adventure I take my camera with me in hopes to capture that "prefect" photo. Some people (in particular my husband) get annoyed that I want to stop on a hike and take a photo or pull the car over. But to me, it's a free form of art and entertainment, and there is no harm in taking a few moments out of a day to enjoy nature and its beauty.

I've shared a few of these photos this year in individual posts but I wanted to put together one collection of my favorites taken this year. Enjoy :-)



Yaddo Gardens; Saratoga Springs, NY



Albany Capital Building



Crane Beach; Ipswich, MA



Sacandaga River Rocks; Wells, NY



Crown Point Historic Site; Crown Point, NY



Washington County, NY



Rexford, NY



Black Mountain Trail; Hewlett's Landing, NY



Mt. Ascutney,VT



Mt. Ascutney, VT



Fall in the Adirondacks



Palace Theater; Albany, NY



Sunset on 5th Peak; Tongue Mountain Range, NY



Art at the Albany Plaza; Albany, NY



Nature's own beauty hidden in the city; Albany, NY

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The Mt. Ascutney,VT one is my favorite.
    -Sarah GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pictures. I have a really crappy camera, so most of our good pictures were taken by Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous photos, you take them from such great angles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos.
    if you don't mind my asking, what kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Renee. My camera is a Panasonic DMC FZ30. While I want a DSLR some day, my Panasonic takes wonderful photos for what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the dmc fz30 is a great camera. it takes just as good a picture as an entry level dslr.
    plus, it's the photographer that takes the picture...not the camera :)

    ReplyDelete